Friday, April 25, 2014

VULTURES

"Any kind of bird freaks me out!"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.







They feed on dead flesh What is more creepy than that? Remember those old western films where vultures scooped in to nibble on the poor dying man in the desert? There are some cultures that put a dead person on top of a mountain to let the vultures consume the remains. I don't know about you but the thought of being eaten by a bird or any other animal even after I am dead is just to creepy for words. I guess being eaten alive, having your bones picked slowly by a vulture would have to be the worst kind of death. What about you, what kind of death do you fear the most?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Eaten alive would be awful.
At least vultures are good for cleanup.

Robin said...

Eaten alive, buried alive, brutally murdered... all of these are on my Unfavorable Ways To Die List.

D.G. Hudson said...

I think I'd rather freeze to death than be burned at the stake. Anything slow is not good.

I also don't like the idea of being swarmed by raptors a la Jurassic park, but that isn't as likely. . .

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I think if you are weak enough the vultures start in on you while living. Brrrr!