Saturday, April 12, 2014

Killer Ticks

"Ancient Little Vampires!"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.





Killer Ticks 

Just the mention of ticks make my skin crawl! I am not a big fan of bugs or insects but growing up in Minnesota I have picked my fair share of blood sucking creatures from my body. Leeches are disgusting but wood ticks are by far the worst. They are not always so easy to spot as they hide in your hair and feast on your blood. I always knew these little creatures were dangerous and could carry disease but now there are killer ticks on the loose in Japan. Watch this video (which I also find creepy) and learn more, that is if you dare!




Do you have ticks where you live? What kind of bugs or insects creep you out?


7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We went camping a lot when I was a kid, so very familiar with ticks. They carry a lot of diseases.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Ticks always attacked my dogs when I was young. YUCK!!!

I hate those critters. And no, I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. Brrr. :-)

shelly said...

We have ticks where I live. But not killer ones.

D.G. Hudson said...

We had ticks in Georgia as well, as we always knew to watch the high grass and don't stand under trees or wear a hat. I hate the little creeps. I dislike most bugs in general if they bite, suck or are in other way parasitic.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Sis....

Ticks are the WORST. When I lived in Florida my poor dogs used to get them all the time. Even with repellents, they still manage to crawl into the house

I had a HUGE infestation once in the apartment I rented. Multi sprays of pesticide needed to be used to tai car of this miserable situation..

Robin said...

I can't watch the video. I don't want to know about Killer Ticks. Regular ticks are bad enough.

Huntress said...

Sorry. I couldn't watch the video. Even the mention or a satire of ticks has my skin crawling.

Here in NW Missouri, ticks are a fact of life. You can't sit in the grass or work in the garden without expecting to pick up a cursed hitchhiker.