Friday, April 4, 2014

Doll Island

"Got myself a crying talking sleeping walking living doll?"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.




Doll Island


From the Uncanny Valley to the Island of the Dolls, we thought dolls were creepy enough until we found this place. Now they are even creepier. On this Island hang decaying and dismembered dolls. Some even claim they are haunted...Well, it is a tourist attraction for the bizarre seeking tourist so of course the dolls are spooky. Haunted or not, they are definitely creepy. As a tourist would you visit this place?


Here is the story behind Island of the dolls:



9 comments:

Robin said...

Siv, I cannot remember who now, but SOMEONE posted about Doll Island within the last month. I found it CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY then and I still do. I am not sure I can look at a doll the same again.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Siv .. reading Robin's comment above .. I think that's put me off finding out more - but I suspect I'd visit if I was in Mexico .. and that would be a treat!

Doll Island .. an interesting place - cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Watched half the video and now I'm completely creeped out...

Michael Di Gesu said...

I think I'd pass on this one, SiS...

CREEPY is the word!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

J C Martin, a blog friend of ours, wrote a chilling novel, THE DOLL, about a young girl who steals one of those dolls and brings it back home -- because it asked her to! Brrr.

Great post.

thegypsie said...

I knew dolls were creepy! Full of malevolent spirits I say. I wonder if people visit the island and bring more dolls.

Ella said...

I saw this episode! Creepy, as all get out~ Maybe Chuckie lives on that island, too~ Creepy good!

The Armchair Squid said...

Quite creepy, indeed.

Siv, I hope you might consider joining my bloggers' book club. Details are here: http://armchairsquid.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-cephalopod-coffeehouse-april-blog.html

Eileen T said...

I wouldn't go there ... all those eyes are too creepy!

Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing the A to Z Challenge)