Wednesday, April 2, 2014

BED BUGS

"Talk about a bedtime snack!"

All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.






BED BUGS 

They have been around for thousands of years. These nasty little buggers like to suck on our blood while we sleep.They prefer exposed skin, preferably the face, neck and arms of their sleeping victims. Talk about creepy! Just take a look at one.



Good-night---Sleep tight---Don't let the bed bugs bite! Don't know about you but I am going to change my bedclothes and maybe even wear some full body armor to bed! 

IWSG: Where fore art thou Muse?

Just a small note for the first Wednesday of the month dedicated to the Insecure Writers Support Group. Inspiration lacking, imagination stale and dedication failing. Sound familiar? It took me almost two years to write my first book which was published last summer. The sequel to that book at the rate I am going now will take twice that long. The fire has gone out, the well is dry and everyday is just another Monday. Oh well, nobody said this was going to be one long week-end of inspiration. The sun is out and the weather is warmer so I am sure my writing engine will soon start again and my muse will return to help drive me forward. Until then I have this A-Z challenge to fuel my curiosity and imagination.

Happy writing!

19 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Siv - they've become endemic haven't they .. and are so so difficult to get rid of ..

Not a nice thing to read early in the morning - perhaps I'll have forgotten by this evening!

Cheers Hilary

D.G. Hudson said...

Just reading about bugs, especially parasitic ones that suck our blood, makes me think of vampires. That's one way to wake us up, Siv!

Robin said...

Bed Bugs... for the longest time they seemed to be gone. As a kid, I didn't even know what they were. And now I am hearing about them again. Apparently hotels are struggling with this problem. Like so many things in life, you think it's licked and then it comes back with a vengeance.

And now I'm scratching. Susceptible much???

Christine Rains said...

Yikes! I'm wearing some armor too. But they're small enough to climb through the chinks!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

The apartment below me gave mine an infestation of bed bugs last year that was a nightmare -- think waking up with dozens of bed bugs crawling over your face!! Arggggh!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I ran out of steam in between books as well. Just give it time.

Arlee Bird said...

I always think about bedbugs when we stay in hotels, but I never make an effort to check for them. We try to stay in places that you'd think wouldn't have them. We've been lucky so far. Though I've heard they're prevalent throughout the Los Angeles area where I live. Hope we never get them!

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Suzanne Furness said...

I'm now itching! Bed bugs not nice!

Melissa said...

*scratches self*
Dang, Siv. Did you have to choose that for 'B'?

:P
Thanks for visiting my blog. Now you see why I haven't been to yours recently. My social media has had to take a back seat to my writing.

If you're serious about helping spread the word, I can add your name to the book release email list. That way you'll get the information when the time comes.

Good to see you. :)
IWSG #243, until Alex culls the list again.

Crystal Collier said...

I find my muse runs away when I put the pressure on. When I back off and just relax, it all comes together. My muse is afraid of confined spaces and the ever crushing weight of deadlines. She likes open skies and bounding unimpeded by coral walls or leashes. We're starting to get along better--now that she's realized the deadlines just go with the territory. =)

Gossip_Grl said...

Oh gosh I have got to agree with Minnie on this one- Bed Bugs- creepy for sure and just thinking about them made my last motel stay not so enjoyable. That is all I could think about after checking in then freaking out because hubby left his shoes on the floor. By the time he got back from the ice machine I had stripped sheets from the bed searching for critters.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I hate bed bugs. Chances are it's too cold for them to live in our house during the winter, but I still sprinkle borax on the mattress once a month. I even find myself wondering if that's often enough. LOL. Ooh, hate those things!

Unknown said...

Bugs don't creep me out as much as they do my husband. On the other hand, I'm terrified of snakes and he isn't. So if there is a wasp to kill, I 'll handle it. A snake? He gets to take that one. Siv, could I ask a huge favor? I would really love some new followers on my blog. Would you please follow? It would make my day! (TamaraDaresToWrite.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the A - Z thingy...and bed bugs, armored pajamas...think I'll just steam clean the heck out of my mattress and see if I can't kill the little critters.

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Writing Tips
Effectively Human
Lots of Crochet Stitches

shelly said...

Hi Siv:

I wanted to have Killer Stilettos out by Dec.2013. But hubby went through chemo and the we had my grandbaby for awhile. So don't worry about it.

Hugs and chocolate!

AJ Lauer said...

I hope A-Z helps with your inspiration! I love Minnie.She's awesome :D

AJ @ Naturally Sweet
An A-Z co-host blog
@ayjaylauer

Yolanda Renée said...

Wasn't that smart of me to wait until bedtime to read this post! UGH!

I take awhile to get my books out too, but I'd rather take my time and get it right than rush and wish I hadn't published at all.

Take a break,then go back refreshed, and it will flow once again! Be patient with yourself - I think I read that somewhere today!

Mary Aalgaard said...

If I can offer any motivation it is this, My boyfriend loved your book and read it in one afternoon. He closed the book and said, "When is the next one coming out."
Cheers!
Play off the Page

thegypsie said...

I have been known to research hotels just prior to vacation... why? Because for some reason I must really like to freak my self out. Yucky little animals.