Tuesday, April 22, 2014

SATAN

"The devil made me do it"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.






Religion has always fascinated me. I was raised a Lutheran, had no objection turning Catholic in order to please my first husband and his family, and I have researched several other religions including the alternative ones such as Wicca. Religion is a touchy subject and one that has created war more than once. I believe that all positive effects have a negative counterpart. Ying and Yang, an order to the universe and with that said all good must have its counterpart. If you believe in the hero, there must be a villain. If you believe in God there must be a Devil….SATAN.

666 is the mark of Satan, it is also the root number of which represents man, the number 9. Nine is a strange number of which I have written about before. So what is it that I find creepy, strange and weird? If there is a God then there is a Devil. Satan has many names, is one of those names man? Are we really God’s creatures or are we Satan’s? Are we the hero or the villain in the story of the universe? Adam…Eve…Serpent…Apple… Sometimes I wonder if we are all just pawns in an elaborate game between God and Satan. If you believe in one don’t you have to believe in the other? Satan scares me, but then so does God.


Do you have any comments? 

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't see how someone couldn't believe in both. If you believe in God, you have to believe in the devil.
Although there is a really profound line in one of my favorite movies that says it all - the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

shelly said...

I've always pictured satan as a short bully with a bad case of acne myself.

Hugs and chocolate!