Thursday, April 24, 2014

UFO'S

"Is there anybody out there?"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.






Unidentified Flying Object...UFO...This could mean many things but the first that comes to mind is flying saucer...ALIENS! The idea of a life form more intelligent then our own is scary. Does such a being exist and if so for what reason would they want to visit us "Earthlings?" Books, movies and television have explored UFO'S and Alien invasion extensively. War of the Worlds, X-Files, Under the Dome, Signs, Contact, just to mention a few off the top of my head.Do you have a favorite?I believe that it is a reasonable conclusion that there are other advanced civilizations out there among the stars. Why not? Our galaxy is a new one in the vast space of the universe. Still I find UFO'S and aliens very scary indeed. How about you?

4 comments:

shelly said...

I can't say I'm scared. Intrigued would be more like it.

I've seen two things in my lifetime that have made me a believer in such crafts.

Hugs and chocolate!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not sure if I believe, but the possibility makes for great stories.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

There is something to the UFO phenomenon -- just what is unclear but fun to speculate about. :-)

Robin said...

We must assume that any alien life that is able to get here is far smarter than we are... after all, they have managed space travel to an extent that we are still dreaming about. Before landing on an inhabited planet, they would be smart enough to recon first. I think that they would discover that the human race is not ready for alien life. As you say, people are afraid and kill things that scare them. I don't think we are anywhere close to ready for aliens. And any that have come across us are smart enough to know it!