Monday, April 21, 2014

RATS

"You dirty rat!"
All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.







There are rats in my brain. They are pretty creepy, strange, and very weird! You are probably wondering how they got there, right? Rats are scavengers and they seem to have found their way into my brain, nesting comfortably and scavenging for thoughts on how to cope with these past few days. My thoughts have turned into rats. Therefore, rats in my brain. Unless you love rats it is a terrible thought isn't? No I am not crazy….Not yet.

My mother was born in the year of the rat and it is my thoughts of her that occupy my brain. I am scavenging for answers that must be made once she comes home from the hospital. This Easter she fell once again on her way from the bathroom to her bed. Lucky for her I was home from work and close by. After a few strange sounds from her bedroom, I checked on her and then found myself rescuing her from the floor. She could not breathe, she was in pain and had no idea how she ended up on the floor. An ambulance drove her away in the middle of the night with a broken rib, a broken vertebrae and a rapid pulse. Now she has developed pneumonia as well.


She cannot take care of herself anymore and the rats in my brain are scavenging for another solution to the one that seems to be the most clear, constant care in a nursing home. I know she needs more help than I can give her, so why does that make me feel like I am rating her out?

Sorry I have not getting around to all my friends. Between my crazy work schedule, Banzaicon and my mother...the RATS have been keeping me busy. I promise to catch up with all of you soon!
I hope YOUR week is void of RATS!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Siv, I'm sorry about your mother. A nursing home is a tough decision, but you need to know she's safe.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Alex is right: you have to know she is safe. It is a very hard decision. But you must do what is right for her despite her protests. Too much more of this and your own health will buckle -- then who will look out for her?

Robin said...

It is uncomfortable to accept that someone can't live alone and that we don't have the ability to give them the care that they need. Sometimes the best option is to accept that you need help. And if that means constant care... it means constant care.

Kick out those rats. They aren't good for your brain!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Oh, no worries. I'm sorry that your mom isn't doing well. That is so hard. I wish you all the best as you make some major decisions. Hugs.
Play off the Page

Anonymous said...

Ouch I am so sorry to hear about your mother, that is scary. I had the same thing with my mother and actually she was the year of the rat too, heeh.. I hope that solutions come clearly and life becomes and she makes a full recovery.

PS Hello from another a-z blogger, how are you getting on with it, i expect hard ifyou have been v busy.

By the way do you mind if I ask where you got the cartoon character, I would love to impart some in to my blog, thanks v much in advance x