Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Houses


All through the month of All through the month of April, Minnie will help me explore the people, places and things that WE call creepy, strange and downright weird. To be honest, Minnie finds almost everything creepy and strange so having the entire alphabet at our disposal is going to be a challenge. You might find what we discover delightful, or you may agree with us. Please share your opinions either way. Have fun road-tripping the Alphabet by visiting others doing the challenge as well. To find out more on the A-Z blogging challenge follow the link.


"HONEY I"M HOME"

Abandoned Houses
Click on the picture for a slideshow of abandoned places
Whether they are haunted or not, abandoned houses like the one in the picture above are creepy. There is something about the sad tale they tell with their broken windows and neglected surroundings. Do you have an abandoned house nearby and have you ventured inside?


7 comments:

Robin said...

Abandoned houses make me sad. I know that someone loved them once, but I cannot help but wonder... "What happened? Where did the people who loved this house go?"

Mary Aalgaard said...

I long to know the story of those abandoned houses. In my area, it's abandoned farmsteads. So many. I wonder who settled there. What happened to the family? Are there pieces of their story still inside?

Also, your photo reminds me of the Bates Hotel from the Psycho movie. What a thriller that was!

Play off the Page

Roland D. Yeomans said...

As a child in Lafayette, Louisiana, I and some friends would roam the woods and there was this one abandoned cabin. We searched all through it, looking for clues to buried treasure or forgotten murders -- kids are like that! :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Shame, that's such a cool looking house.
Out in the country are abandoned tobacco barns, usually covered in kudzu.

Unknown said...

I love those old abandoned places. They're perfect for a writer's imagination! : )

shelly said...

Very creepy.

Yolanda Renée said...

They are an interesting sight aren't they, I love them and would love to explore - in the daylight! We have several just down the road. I always wonder about the inside, the history, but fear the floor wouldn't allow an exploration - nor would the owners. The vegetation has taken over but so curious. I think I'll take my camera next time! Great photo!