Friday, July 1, 2011

Big Sister, Little Sister

MY DAUGHTERS JOURNEY TO MEET HER SISTER AND BROTHER
 The Traveler hiking in the mountains



My daughter the Traveler grew up hiking in the mountains. At an early age she learned how to pack, how to fold a sleeping bag and how to ski. The mountains have always been home to her. She loves to fish and dreams of one day having her own kayak. She is a child of nature, just as comfortable whether she is in the mountains or by the sea. A talented artist, she sold portraits in order to save money for her trip this summer. She is independent, strong willed, artistic, sporty and most definitely adventurous. Although she listens to heavy metal, she has an appreciation for all kinds of music. She sings in a choir and plays the guitar in her spare time. 

The traveler  with her brother the Actor before she leaves for the states to meet her sister and other brother.

Growing up with an older brother, she learned the fine art of spitting and other such boyish charms. Now the Traveler is discovering the joys of having an older sister which includes; Shopping, clothes, make-up and sister secrets. This is going to be interesting to watch. The Traveler is already wearing pink and a skirt. She has gone shopping and bought a ton of make-up, she is even carrying a little purse.

 Waiting for one of the elves at the Doctors office. Poor little elf, the excitement got the best of him.

Like I said this is going to be very fun to watch, will she survive the suburbs and American fast food? Will the elves share their toys? What will it be like meeting the rest of my daughter the Artists family, including my ex-husband? I hope you guys find this just as interesting a journey as I do. She may be traveling alone this time, but I feel as if I were right there beside her. More tales from the Travelers adventures soon.



7 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

This is great and with technology we don't even have to wait for pictures.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to find out how everything will go. She's such a beauty ;)

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello overly concerned mamma:

She will be fine. My advise is not to eat out so often. Buy a bottle of grapefruit seed extract at any health food store or Coop in MN.

Read the labels on foods.

Enjoy the new environment.

Kind regards,
Mike

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't even imagine how you feel right now. Know that I am praying that this reunion will be amazing and that all of your children will forms forever bonds.
Love ya lady.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Wow your daughter is beautimus.... Actually the whole family is stunning. The Viking blood is certainly strong in your family lines.... It's certainly where I got my eyes and build from, although not as tall as the ancestors.

How exciting this is.... i'll feel the same way when I visit.....

Unknown said...

You have gorgeous kids. I hope she has an amazing time here in America. :)

Geoff Maritz said...

http://bananorak.blogspot.com/
I have given you a link to a young ladies travel blog. She is travelling alone in New Zealand. I think that any young person who is prepared to go to other countries alone deserves respect.
May God bless your daughters and your whole extended family, Geoff.