Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TROLLS part 3

So I told you that trolls are real. They do exist. When you stand in the middle of nature and let it overcome you that is when the trolls come out to play. Believe it or not this is true. You will find yourself stumble on a path and look up to see a twig with a grin. Trolls like  fairies will confuse you and get great pleasure watching you stumble around.

When I was a child I used to sit on the bank of a river and dip a stick into the water. I would watch the ripples make pictures and dream of places where magical creatures could exist. When you remember your childhood and these dreams, that is  when trolls make you stumble.That is when fairies dance on your shoulder and that is when you need to remember those childish dreams. That look into a pool of water or up at the clouds for those pictures, they are the trolls reminding us of what we have forgotten. The Trolls that make the child in us come out and play.

Now I could have given you alot of facts about trolls. There has been written many stories about trolls. I have read that trolls are big and stupid, that they have snot running out of their nose and that they would eat you for breakfast if they could. We have all seen those kind of trolls. We have worked with them, maybe even lived with them, but I choose to tell you about the trolls I have met on a different path. Not all trolls are bad. Look around you, look in the water, in the forest or up in the sky. I promise, if you look hard enough you will see them.
Taking a short break from bloging in order to recharge my bateries. Be back soon.

25 comments:

Laura Eno said...

You are a blogging machine! LOL! I just got caught up on your 3 troll posts. I think they are fascinating creatures - as are all the hidden folk around us. I suppose that's why I write fantasy.

Jules said...

And here I thought I was just accident prone, now I know it was trolls. :) But I have met many of the good ones, what a treat they are.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

shelly said...

I think I might be married to one.

Anonymous said...

It would explain my innate disfunction! I can't walk across a room without beaning myself!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Good and evil in all things to balance the universe.
Fascinating series.

Mary

Matthew MacNish said...

There's no denying that there is magic in nature!

And if trolls are anywhere, it's Norway.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Thanks for adding the gadget that displays Norwegian time -- and good evening, Siv.

And even more thanks for putting up my contest in your blog. I hope you win the Stephen King autographed book! I think I dated a troll or two in my time -- they fooled me by wearing masks of beautiful faces!!

I hope you are enjoying RITES OF PASSAGE, Roland

N. R. Williams said...

I read part two as well. I have never seen a troll or fairy, but I sure do love learning about them. Are you sure you don't write fantasy?
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Emily Rose said...

I think I've met a troll, and a fairy, now that I've thought about it in a different perspective. I used to think trolls were the stuff of dreams, but now I see differently.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, sis,

Love the troll posts... Like Nancy, I wonder why you don't write fantasy.

Thanks so much for giving us a playful perspective on trolls.

As always your sense of humor rings true.

Grumpy1 said...

Siv Maria - there's a book, or ten, in your brain!
I can see a 'Harry Potter'-style series about Trolls, and Odin, et al. Yes, I am a believer, too!
Always a kid at heart, I love the photos/images and the surrealism of your writings.

More, more, more!!

Ellie Garratt said...

Fascinating. I'll be mounting an expedition to find one this weekend!

Ellie Garratt

Unknown said...

You reckon trolls come as far south as Portugal? I'd like to think so, then I'd look out for them. Maybe we're too bankrupt for them! Or maybe our politicians are trolls. Now, now, no politics here. Want to hear more of trolls! (Thank you) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi woman! Just checking in to see how you are holding out! Is the saw man done yet?

erica and christy said...

Love the title of your blog. And this post! Came over from "your brother's" blog! :0) christy

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

I have seen the trolls that have seen the big ugly dumb ones for sure. I can't wait to here about the other kind.

Dafeenah said...

Enjoy your break. We sure did need one after the challenge!!

Jules said...

Hey Siv, Just checking in, sort of missed you the past few days :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Susan Kane said...

My granddaughters have told me there are fairies, FOR SURE! Trolls--yes, I think I have met them, too, on the farm where I grew up.
Looking forward to more of your blogs!

Mrs. Tuna said...

I read all the Grimes fairy tales when I was a kid, lots and lots of trolls.

Russo said...

Loved this post, you have such great lines, like, "that is when you need to remember those childish dreams."Lovely!

I also love your buttons on the side of your blog page like "send me a comment or say goodbye to the duck" Very witty.

Anyways, I'm always happy to return to your blog each week.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

This post is so magical. Trolls . . . I love them.

Anonymous said...

Stop playing around and come home already! lol miss hearing from you!

KM Nalle said...

The world is more interesting when we can see the magic.

There's an award for you on my blog. Karimariewhite.blogspot.com

Claudya Martinez said...

You made me smile.