Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Life With Trolls

 Some of you may think that trolls do not really exist.

 Actually when I think about it, none of you believe in them. Thats ok, I can relate. I never thought about trolls before except from what I read about them in fairy tales. Now I am going to tell you a story and I realize that most of you will probably think I am insane after you hear what I have to tell you.
Trolls are real. Hold on, just hear me out. Ok, do I have your attention? I lived for four years in troll country. No not Norway, I mean real troll country. The birth home of the troll, Sigdal Norway. Home of Kittelsen and father of all trolls.No one really knew about trolls before Kittelsen started illustrating them and telling his troll stories. I am not going to bore you with facts but here you can look it up if you want to.
So where do I start? My family and I moved to Sigdal after we sold our motel in Kristiansund. We picked Sigdal because it was a cheaper place to live and not so far away from his family just outside of Oslo. I had no idea what we were getting into and actually, crazy as I am, I said ok lets buy the house without ever actually seeing anything other than a few pictures my husband sent me through email. We drove our moving van down from the north of Norway into troll country. I had never really seen anything like it. Norway is a spectacular country. I have seen mountains, aqua colored glaciers and breath taking landscapes but nothing prepared me for this. Now since I don't want you to get  bored I will stop for now, and if you want to hear more come back later.

14 comments:

Ted Cross said...

I've always loved troll stories. Living in Iceland inspired a lot of names and ideas in my fantasy book.

Debbie said...

what? Now you have my attention. So when is part 2? lol I'm intrigued.

N. R. Williams said...

Are these trolls anything like 'beauty and the beasts?' I am convinced that we marry a prince who then becomes a beast. At least, some of us do. LOL

In case you missed it. I have a blog award for you and it doesn't have a single troll, beast or prince in it.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

shelly said...

Interesting....

Bob Scotney said...

I worked on the planning stage of the Troll A platform in Stavanger. When they left I was giving a glass troll. That was 20+ years ago - it still sits on the desk in our lounge.
Tell us more.

Furry Bottoms said...

Come on! Don't leave us hanging!!! and P.S., we have a troll living in Seattle. Under the Fremont bridge. For real. I even have a picture.

Furry Bottoms said...

P.S. you have the most interesting followers. Iceland?! Stavanger?!

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Come back later when is later? I can't wait. Thanks for the cliffhanger :)

Anonymous said...

lol Trolls. Way to leave us hanging! You better finish this woman.

Title Loans said...

I wouldn't rule it out that trolls existed. I mean, most writers come up with things based on observance and experiences in some way or another. My question to you is do they look the way they are portrayed in books and movies?
Ava

Unknown said...

I seen a troll along time ago in alabama in selma al I was leaving the club about 2 in the morning and I seen a small man run across the road he had a bag around his waist and little green curly shoes I had been drinking that night but I know what I seen this happen 10yr ago but if u dont believe me give me a polygraph test it will come back tru.my#904-207-1212 and I put money on that!

Unknown said...

I need to learn more. I know their real and so our other creatures. It is the whole point of my existence to see the truth. I need to see these things. I know I sound crazy but seeing and knowledge is my whole point of existence.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what you saw was a troll, but it was probably some kind of cryptid. Elf or some kind of fairy perhaps. Trolls aren't known for travelling to areas close to humans. They like to stay as far away as possible. Trolls also aren't known for the pointy shoes. Trolls are normally far too dumb to make shoes. The pointy shoe thing does correspond to other lore on other creatures, though.

Unknown said...

When is the next segment of the story this is very interesting would like to read more about this