Monday, May 2, 2011

PAYDAY AND KARMA!

So guess my friends what happened today?
 

 I went to the mailbox and there were no bills inside! There was this big brown envelope where all the bills usually are. Well you can imagine I had to study it hard and wonder if it had been placed in the correct mailbox. I was puzzled because it was addressed to me but I didn't recognize the sender. Not at first anyways, then it hit me!  Back at the beginning of the A-Z challenge I had entered a competition to define education. I thought, "well ok, why not." Afterall you guys know by now that I am a writing addict and this tickled my keyboard fingers. I almost raced into the house to open my brown envelope winners surprise. Just think, I started blogging and now I was payed for it! Payday! 

Maybe you guys think I am weird, but it was a big deal for me. You are witnessing someone who never wins anything and usually gives away the lottery ticket to the kid selling it. I love presents so usually I leave them in front of me for awhile before I open them. I like the anticipation, do any of you guys do that? I sat and stared at that envelope for probably 5 minutes, then I couldn't take it anymore. Usually I last longer than that. 

Inside this brown paper was the most beautiful handstitched sunflower table runner and a sweet card from a even sweeter woman. I love it! Here is Lindas blog and the competition I entered. So now I am thinking about Karma and trying to figure out what I can give back to the blog world. What do you think? I am as stated before not so keen on prizes and awards. I do however love to give. Hmmmm, got to think on this one. Anyways, thank you Linda I love my Sunflowers!

9 comments:

Dafeenah said...

Congrats! Sounds like a beautiful prize. Hmm I dunno what you could do. My creative juices are all dried up from this last month.

Tiger85 said...

Congratulations on your prize it sounds beautiful. I think the anticipation is a big part in enjoying gifts. I too have not a clue to give any ideas but I'm sure you'll come up with a good one. =)

Poetry, Quotes and Book Reviews.

Jules said...

Congrats on both the winning karma and the prize. I always wait to open presents but then I enjoying giving more than receiving :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Tracy said...

I'm like Jules, I love giving more than receiving but I am glad you won and things in your box were 'fun' rather than draining...

N. R. Williams said...

That is super cool! I enjoy your sense of humor and post. Tomorrow I will have a blog award for you so come by and pick it up.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Congrats on the prize. I can't wait even a second to open up presents. I guess at them and handle them to figure them out. It drives my wife crazy.

Marjorie said...

That's great! The only thing I ever won was when I was in kindergarten and my name was drawn out of a hat, and I won a set of blocks.

Michelle in a shell said...

Congrats!!! I'm the same way- I never quite win anything but always "almost" do. I've practically given up entering any sort of thing! That runner sounds beautiful :)

Linda H. said...

Glad you got it and like it.

Sorry I am just getting around to reading this. I had been ill. And now my in-laws are coming for a 4-week visit. Looks like my computer time will remain limited, but I hope to post and read when time allows.