Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Trolls part 2

The landscape in Sigdal was just like this and I was living right under that huge troll at the base of the water you see at his feet.
It didn't take me long to get a job at the local museum and folk music center where I was surrounded by Norwegian culture at its best.

Yep, thats me sitting on the steps of the old sheriffs headquarters.
So here I am, this crazy American girl guiding tourists around Norwegian treasures and culture. All of which I learned after a 6 week cource. Be patient, I know you are waiting to hear more about the trolls. You just need a little background first. Every once in awhile I have come across a job where I can not believe that I am getting paid for it. Walking around beautiful old buildings, picking flowers for displays and talking to people about beautiful works of art. Lets face it, this was an amazing job and it was located just around the corner from my house. A house that I might add was made of timber and in the yard were very old apple trees. It was not uncommon to find a moose in the yard early in the morning munching on fallen apples. How many people can sit on their front steps, have a conversation with a moose and listen to a waterfall while drinking their morning coffee?

My relationship with trolls started out slowly. I didn't see them at first. You know the feeling when you are sure there is someone there even though you can not see them? That is how it all started. I would walk around the museum grounds and down by the river to pick flowers or look for mushrooms. Sometimes I could hear the sound of students at the center while they practiced the norwegian fiddle and I would hum along, daydreaming and lost in my own thoughts. That is when the trolls will come out to play.


Yes I have more to tell you about my life with trolls  so come back again soon :) I can't overload you guys, I know how short a bloggers attention span is.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

"How many people can sit on their front steps, have a conversation with a moose and listen to a waterfall while drinking their morning coffee?"

Not me, but it sounds amazing! :0)

EJ

Anonymous said...

You tease!

Dafeenah said...

What a tease! I am so jealous of you. I grew up in similar environment and to say that I miss it is an understatement.

shelly said...

When I was in Hawaii once, these gi-normous whales came to rest upon the beach where I was sipping coffee and then spilled it all over myself. It was a wonderful site.

Susan Oloier said...

I'm with Karen. I did not get to visit your blog as often as I would have liked during the A to Z Challenge, but I truly enjoy your posts. I have an award for you on my blog when you have time.
Best, Susan

Unknown said...

The trolls are here! Yay! You look so thoughtful in your picture (were you watching for Loki? He might take a fancy to your hair LOL). So what do the trolls do when they come out and play? I'll be back TOMORROW to find out :)

Marjorie said...

Love the Troll stories!

N4M3L3SS said...

i like trolls too

Michael Di Gesu said...

You think I'm full of surprises? LOVE this. I always wear a smile when I visit your blog. I also LOVE the soothing sky blue color of you blog.

Michael

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Sounds like a beautiful and mystical place to live. Im sure it was inspiring.