Sunday, March 13, 2011

Popcorn anyone?



Sundays have always been for me a day for watching movies or snuggling under blankets with a good book. I am a huge movie fan. Old or new, black and white or color, everything from musicals to westerns, I love it all. Watching a good movie is like getting lost in a dream while being awake.
I have been trying to think of my all-time favorite movie, but it is impossible. There is one movie though that brings back more memories than most and that is “The Wizard of Oz”. I used to have the soundtrack and I knew all the songs by heart. When I was just a young girl I used to put on plays in our neighborhood and the Wizard of Oz was my favorite. My younger brother and sisters were pretty much forced into playing the roles I gave them and I was always Dorothy. To this day I dream of having a pair of red ruby slippers. If I could I would be skipping on that yellow brick road on my way to see the wizard right now. Strangely enough I have never owned that movie, but that is something I can fix through the miracle of internet shopping.  While I am deciding what movie I am going to watch here is a list of some of my favorites:
  • ·         Wizard of Oz, It’s a wonderful life, Singing in the rain, Gone with the wind, Gigi, Funny girl, An American in Paris, My fair lady, Sound of music, Miracle on 34th street, A star is born
  • ·         Brave heart, The gladiator, All Batman and Spiderman movies, The green mile, The Shawn-shank redemption, Forest Gump, The Matrix, 6th Sense, What women want, Jason Bourne, The Fugitive, Star Wars, Pretty Woman, The Notebook
  • ·         Avatar, Shmucks for Dinner, Just go with it, The Blind Side, The Lake house, The Proposal, My accidental husband, The Ugly Truth, Twilight
There are so many movies that I love so this list is far from complete. Here is a link to a sight that I highly recommend to anyone who loves movies and TV as much as I do:


There are two movies that I am really looking forward to seeing, Beastly and Red Riding Hood. I just love the anticipation of a really good movie. Well, I have decided that I am in the mood for a good Sci-Fi thriller so my choice for today is “I am number four”--- John is an extraordinary teen, masking his true identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed ... he is Number Four------IMDB. Time to make the popcorn and dream away, Its movie time!

No comments: