Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just Garbage


Today is garbage day, and todays victim is paper. Taking out the garbage has become confusing. Every Wednesday I have to check the garbage calendar to see what kind of garbage is being picked up on Thursday.
I cannot open the door into the kitchen all the way because of all the separate bins we have in order to store our different types of garbage. We have bottles and cans, paper, and plastic behind the door and under the sink goes food garbage in one bin and the rest in another. In our driveway we have 4 big garbage containers, each for a separate type of garbage. I really miss garbage disposals. I have not seen a house in Norway that has one. Not sure why, but I would think this would help reduse some of the  waste we have to deal with. The more we consume the more we waste. Recycling has become a solution to one of the major problems with our environment. 

Just recently we started sorting plastic and I am amazed at how much plastic is everywhere. I never really thought so much about it before. The manufacturers give us the choice of buying refills for certain products and I used to think that this was some sort of a scam, in some ways I still do. I mean, why should I buy a refill when it costs almost the same price as the original product? It must be much cheaper to make, right? Are companies taking advantage of “the green revolution”? Why can't there at least be found an alternative way for packaging food, or maybe there has been but we just don’t know about it? 

The same questions can be raised by the enormous gas and diesel prices we are being forced to pay. There are more efficient sources available, but not so easily attainable. All day tomorrow there are people all over Norway that are demonstrating these high prices by not filling up their cars with any fuel. Then there is the price of electricity which is at an all-time high. Not that we do not have enough water in our reservoirs, we just happen to export most of our electricity to other countries. This is something that I have never understood and probably never will. It is all just garbage to me. Lucky thing we are remodeling now. We have a lot of old paneling that is being used now for firewood. We are literally burning down the house from the inside out.  I have no problem with doing my part to save the environment.  My problem stems from those that try to make money off of us trying to do so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursdays Correspondences:
Magickal Intentions: Luck, Happiness, Health, Legal Matters, Male Fertility, Treasure and Wealth, Honor, Riches, Desires, Leadership, Public Activity, Power and Success Incense: Cinnamon, Must, Nutmeg and Sage
Planet: Jupiter
Sign: Sagittarius and Pisces
Angel: Sachiel
Colors: Purple, Royal Blue and Indigot
Herbs/Plants: Cinnamon, Beech, Buttercup, Coltsfoot, Oak
Stones: Sugilite, Amethyst, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli and Sapphire
Oil: (Jupiter) Clove, Lemon Balm, Oakmoss, Star Anise
Jupiter presides over Thursday. The vibrations of this day attune well to all matters involving material gain. Use them for working rituals that entail general success, accomplishment, honors and awards, or legal issues. These energies are also helpful in matters of luck, gambling, and prosperity

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I am following www.mooseandtater.com