Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Furry Friends



There are two of our cats buried in our yard, and before we moved to Larvik we buried our dog Odin underneath a willow tree in Prestfoss. I suppose the stone is still there. I think of Odin often. He was a wonderful dog and I sometimes feel his spirit is still watching over me. It is terrible to lose a four legged friend. Even though they are gone from my everyday life, the memories of them live on and bring a smile to my face. I miss having a furry friend to keep me company, but until we are finished with our renovations I will have to be satisfied with the visits I get from my “grand-pets”.

When my daughter moved out she took our dog Nani with her, which was not surprising really since Nani was and is more her baby than anyone else’s. Now my daughter lives in a small apartment with a dog and a cat that she adopted. Max the cat is a strange and funny character who absolutely loves Nani. I am not sure if they are like brother and sister, or mother and son. One thing is for sure, they both love to eat and they  make a game of eating each other’s food whenever they can. Sometimes I wonder if Max thinks he is a dog. He definitely thinks he is the boss and Nani wonders in awe while Max gets to have food out all the time and travel around freely on their walks without a leash. Yes, often when my daughter takes Nani for a walk Max travels close by, sometimes popping out from behind a corner to catch them by surprise. Dogs and cats have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I have had a lot of friends come and go but my furry friends have always been there for me. When things get tough they are the ones who have offered the most comfort and unconditional love.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As promised, here is a bit of Magick for today:
Correspondences for Tuesday
Magickal Intentions: Courage, Physical Strength, Revenge, Military Honors, Surgery and the Breaking of Negative Spells, Matrimony, War, Enemies, Prison, Vitality and Assertiveness
Incense: Dragon's Blood, Patchouli
Planet: Mars
Sign: Aries and Scorpio
Angel: Samuel
Colors: Red and Orange
Herbs/Plants:Red Rose, Cock's Comb, Pine, Daisy, Thyme and Pepper
Stones: Carnelian, Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet and Pink Tourmaline
Oil: (Mars) Basil, Coriander, Ginger
Mars rules Tuesday. The energies of this day best harmonize with efforts of masculine vibration, such as conflict, physical endurance and strength, lust, hunting, sports, and all types of competition. Use them, too, for rituals involving surgical procedures or political ventures.
March, gets its name from the ancient Roman war-god Mars. The traditional birthstone of March is the aquamarine and the bloodstone; and the daffodil and the jonquil are the month's traditional flowers. March is shared by the astrological signs of Pisces the Two Fishes and Aries the Ram.
March 15
On this date in ancient Rome, the annual Festival of Attis and Cybele began with a procession of reed-bearers to commemorate the finding of the infant Attis among the reeds. The festival was followed by nine consecutive days of fasting and sexual abstinence.
Check back again tomorrow for wednesdays information.

No comments: