One of my past times has become Internet traveling. There are so many amusing places to visit and you do not need a passport to get there. All you need is a computer and an internet connection, then woooosh, you can go anywhere with just a few clicks. I have found Google to be the perfect tour guide and today Google took me to the craziest of places. Since I feel a bit crazy today I thought this would be something of interest to share with my like-minded crazy friends. The following are some of the most absurd laws I have ever heard of:
· In Canada Any debt higher than 25 cents cannot be paid in pennies. In Toronto, it is illegal to ride a streetcar on a Sunday if you have been eating garlic
· Denmark - It is illegal to start a car if there is anyone under it. The don’t make the horse feel inferior law - If a car is overtaking a horse-drawn carriage and the horse becomes agitated, the driver must pull over and if necessary cover the car from the horse’s view.
· Finland - Considering it’s cheaper for air than a ticket, this may be a good thing, unless you are in a hurry. Finnish police do not issue tickets for illegal parking – they just let down the person’s tires. Maybe you can carry an air compressor in the trunk and park anywhere you like.
· France - It is illegal to sell dolls with alien faces – they must have human faces. It is illegal to land a flying saucer in a vineyard.
· Germany - A pillow is regarded as a “passive weapon”
· United Kingdom - It is illegal to drive a car without sitting in the front seat. A pregnant woman can legally urinate anywhere including in a policeman’s helmet.
· Iceland - Anyone is allowed to practice medicine in Iceland provided they display the word Scottulaejnir meaning “Quack doctor”
· Iran- It is forbidden to eat snakes on Sunday
· Israel - It is illegal to pick one’s nose on the Sabbath
· Japan - It is illegal to wear purple unless you are in mourning.
· Madagascar - Pregnant women may not wear hats
· Malaysia - It is illegal for restaurant owners to substitute a table napkin with toilet paper.
· Russia - It is illegal to drive a dirty car
· Saudi Arabia -A woman can divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.
· Singapore - Failure to flush a public toilet is punishable by a fine or a prison sentence if caught during random checks by special police.
When going outside, cats in the town of Longhorn must wear three bells on their collar to warn of their approach to birds. In Victoria it is illegal to wear “hot pink pants” after 12 noon on a Sunday. In Thailand when a man is driving he must always wear a shirt it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing any underwear. These are just a few goodies from this sight, check out this link by clicking on the flags and if you are like me, you will feel just a little less crazy.
Magickal Intentions: Communication, Divination, Writing, Knowledge, Business Transactions, Debt, Fear,Loss, Travel and Money Matters
Incense: Jasmine, Lavender, Sweet Pea
Colors: Orange, Light Blue, Grey, Yellow and Violet
Herbs/Plants: Fern, Lavendar, Hazel, Cherry, Periwinkle
Stones: Aventurine, Bloodstone, Hematite, Moss Agate and Sodalite
Oil: (Mercury) Benzoin, Clary Sage, Eucalytus, Lavender
This day is governed by Mercury. Wednesday's vibration adds power to rituals involving inspiration, communications, writers, poets, the written and spoken word, and all matters of study, learning, and teaching. This day also provides a good time to begin efforts involving self-improvement or understanding.