This week-end is all about making the rounds and cleaning house. There are some things I have been thinking a lot about lately. Spring is in the air, my blog has been online for little over a year and some spring cleaning is warranted. My thoughts have been geared towards blogging and why I do it, what I expect from it and what as a reader you expect from me. Why are you here reading these words? Do you ever wonder the same things? I need to know because right now the question "What am I doing?" is weighing heavily on my mind. It has taken me a year to realize that this is just another social network. I know, silly me, what was I thinking? What are you thinking? Do you wonder how many people, out of all those people that follow you, really READ your blog and WHY they do? I guess this is my blogging "turning point." Have you ever had one of those?
It is time to decide if I should take this any further and if so, what I want from it. As that ever so popular song, "What do you want from me?" gets louder in my head, these are the questions I need to ask: What do I want, what do I want from you, and what do you want? I will tell you what I want and I hope you will answer the other part to that question.
- To connect with other writers so I do not feel so alone. The language is one thing, but the mentality is another.
- To gain information towards some day publishing a book.
- Recognition that what I write is important, that I say something and that I do it well, also sneaky me wants to know if my kids care what I think.Yes I can see who visits my blog, and my children seldom do, if you are here now you are my favorite child, nope nothing in life is fair.
- To visit a blog that is easy to connect to on a personal level. My blog roll is there for a reason! I do lurk...
- Time difference, it's true, it does make a difference
- To visit a blog that is easy to read. Size does matter, and so does visual availability. There are several blogs I visit less often because Word verification is turned on, the text is hard to read, the page takes to long to load and I just plain old forget about you. If you want me to remember then you have to comment and I need to be able to find you easily so I can visit and comment as well. Please don't take it personal if I remove you.