Friday, November 9, 2012

SWEET!


Today there must be some kind of sweet magic surrounding me. Most of you already know that I blog often about food and that I have worked in several kitchens preparing food for tourists and locals alike. I am not a chef but somehow I always end up in a kitchen. I love food so getting paid to eat it and make it is more fun than work. My dream job would be to travel around as a food critique. Anyways I am getting off track. Today, out of thin air a friend asked me to help out at a small cafĂ© at the museum nearby. I have been baking bread and cake all day and when I got home to read my mail what do I see but a SUPER SWEET BLOG AWARD from Nancy Williams. If you have not visited her blog then you really should. She is a wonderful person and her blog is full of helpful hints for the “Writing Inclined” individual. Here is the link, so go say HI!

Here are the rules for The Super Sweet Blog Award:
Answer a few questions about sweets. Pass it on to deserving bloggers.

1. What's your favorite treat, cake or cookies? At the moment I am sick of cake,today I made 4 chocolate cakes, 4 apple cakes and 4 carrot cakes. “Let them eat cake!” so I am going to say cookies! I love oatmeal, gingersnaps and peanut butter cookies.

2. Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla? Dah! CHOCOLATE RULES!

3. If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Twizzler, I will leave that up to your imagination…ha ha ha!

Now comes the hard part since I believe all my blogger friends are deserving of this award.  I will try to pick out a few that I think are super sweet. If you already have this award that means you are super- super sweet. Have a great week-end everyone!

MICHAEL DI GESU My sweet brother who loves sweets and is a real sweet heart!

The Sweetest cookie around who loves sports and movies, visit her Imaginaruim and have some fun.

ELLA  Poetic sweetness on  her very own edge. This is a girl with style! 

BOSSY BETTY Don't let her name fool you! She is the sweetest person with a camera and her pictures of Monday Flowers are a must.


14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I like peanut butter cookies. Won't even touch the Twizzler nickname.

Unknown said...

Great award! You picked some truly sweet people, btw. :-)

Suzanne Furness said...

That's a lot of cake! Congrats on the award, enjoy your weekend :)

liz young said...

I put on a kilo just looking at your photos!

D.G. Hudson said...

I prefer baking to cooking, most of the time. I get my fix at Christmas and give most of it away. (I keep some for the big day).

Feeding people is honorable, I commend you. A good baker and cook is nice to have in the family.

I usually prefer nut breads, fruit galettes, and crepes.

Emily R. King said...

Cookies! Chocolate! Twizzlers!

This was the perfect post. :)

Congrats on your award!

Unknown said...

How awesome! A very big congrats on your award. :)

Twizzler... hmmm You've got this writer's imagination wandering, but I'm not gonna say a word. LOL

And Thank you!!! I am so honored you bestowed this on me, the company is truly outstanding.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hello ... SWEETEST OF THE SWEETEST Sis!

Blushing here. It must run in the family....

I LOVE to bake as well. MAN, I wish I was there. All those cakes sound SOOOO awesome. But you know me... I limit myself, although I have been indulging more lately.

My weights FINALLY stabilized to a number I am sort of happy with. So I can cheat as long as I work out, which is a given.

YUMMMM.. What a fun post. I can't wait to start baking for the holidays. I plan on going NUTS... But I will be using all organic and cut the sugar down to a minimum and use stevia. I must do some experimenting.

CONGRATS on the award and THANK YOU....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I do so have a sweet tooth but I prefer the frosting to the cake and as for cookies, it's a toss up between peanut butter and choc chip and then there's fudge.. I'm afraid I am the worst chocoholic! :)

Anonymous said...

My daughters would love those cupcakes. Think I would too. And I know these people. All deserving of a cupcake!

Susan Kane said...

My grocery cart naturally rolls to the baking aisle. I love to bake, but won't now that it is just hubby and myself. Maybe at Christmas?

Shelly said...

Love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and Twizzlers but I stay away from them now. They make my butt grow.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulations on the award. I love sweets. They picture in your blog (the cupcakes) has my mouth watering.

Ella said...

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner to enjoy!

Congrats on your award! I love to bake, but I have to give it away quick...one bite leads to another then I have to have a bikeathon...lol

Thank you for being you!
@>-----------