Monday, November 12, 2012

LOOK OUT


Another game of “Tag, you’re it” is circulating again. This time I have been tagged by Nancy Williams. The requirement is to copy one or several paragraphs from your current manuscript with the word 'look' in it and then Tag someone else. This excerpt is from my first draft, so I know that I have to change some things. Do you have any suggestions for replacing the word LOOK in the following paragraph?

WIP: Book One from “Gods and Fairytales, Secrets of the Ash Tree”

Setting: My MC Liv meets Loki for the first time

                “You can make this easy and just give me the necklace. I know you found it…” On the verge of tears he  pulled off a chunk of his hair and squawked, “Just look at what’s happening to me!” He then peeled away a small part of his face and exposed an open sore that oozed with puss. Slowly he composed himself and continued, “My own daughter Hel did this to me, and you my scared little rabbit are going to help me fix it. All I need is that necklace and I can get rid of this wretched curse!” Loki suddenly realized that Liv was just standing there with a stupid confused look on her face. He had expected her to react by now, maybe even change into something a bit more fearful than this human thing. He backed away and studied her closely, and then tilting his head to the side he said, “You don’t know what you are, do you?”

Run brother because TAG, YOU’RE IT! MICHAEL DI GESU…IN TIME

Have a great week and come back on Friday for the blogfest “OH HOW I MISS YOU” Hosted by Alex Cavanaugh, Matthew McNish, and Andrew Leon. It is not too late to sign up!

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

One nasty curse!
Glad you're participating in our blogfest.

Nancy Thompson said...

I haven't heard of this one yet. See you Friday!

Ciara said...

I haven't seen this game. Sounds fun. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

HI, Sis,

EEKKKK! I've been tagged... LOOKS like fun. LOL.

Suggestions. You can replace the second "Look" with expression. Or better describe the "Look.: Perhaps stood with his mouth opened with a bit of drool running down his chin... Much more interesting... don't you think?

I've posted pics on my blog.... YAY for my fierce new space... HURRY OVER! I can't wait to see what you think!

Anonymous said...

Having a decent eye day so I thought I'd swing by. I swear you get tagged more than anyone I know. haha. Have a great day my friend and yes I do know how it feels to run out of time!I swear I'm home all day and I still never have time. Part of it is it takes me so much longer now to do stuff. I need a new body! :)

M Pax said...

Your look will stick with me for some time. Icky but fun. 'Looks' like a fun story.

Yay for festing.