Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Few Good Fantasies


Yesterday I promised you some exciting news. I have two things to tell you about, and one of those things I have been itching to tell you for months. For the past year I have been working on an epic fantasy that combines the world of Norse Mythology and Norwegian Folklore into a story about a young girl in search of answers. Although my book is not quite finished, the first chapter will be published as a short story in a Fantasy Anthology called “Open Doors” on September 4th by Wayman Publishing

 Release Date: 9/4/2012
An enticing collection of fantasy stories from previously published, as well as, up-and-coming authors.

Plans are being made in order to celebrate this book release so keep your eyes open for more news in the coming weeks. I am really excited because this is the first story of mine that has ever been published. Here is the teaser for my book and short story called “Secrets of the Ash Tree”:

Shortly after her father dies Liv finds out about a secret chest that is buried underneath an Ash tree in her garden. Once she discovers how to find and open this chest, her life is changed forever. Liv discovers her father’s secrets which eventually cast her into a world full of dangerous creatures, mighty Norse warriors and perils beyond her belief. Her father’s fairy tales were to become not only her legacy, but a guide line to survival and a map to the world she was about to enter... 

The other news that I want to share is about my good friend Roland Yeoman. Roland is having one of his famous contests again and giving away for this week-end only his great urban fantasy called “The Rival.” Make sure you visit Writing in the Crosshairs and enter his contest. You could win a great prize and don’t forget to secure yourself a copy of his book. If you have not read his work before then this book is a must. You are bound to fall in love with his characters just as much as I have. Check out his limited free book offer HERE.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end. Let me know what you think about my upcoming publication and Roland’s contest. Minnie is back on Monday to tell you all about Pink Snails, and I have more stories about being a tourist in Norway coming soon.

9 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Siv
This is exciting news. Your teaser is well written and inspires further exploration. I'd love to read this.
Congratulations.
Nancy

Unknown said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! Oh this wonderful, wonderful news. I am so very happy for you. If you want to do anything at The Imaginarium for the release, let me know. I'll do a shout out anyway, though. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Siv, that's awesome! I'll give you a shout-out on Monday. Congratulations.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You have one sure sell with me! The tease was riveting. I want to know more!

Mina Lobo said...

Congrats on publication! W00000T!
Some Dark Romantic

Green Monkey said...

Congratulations !!!! very, very, VERY exciting!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Congratulations! I really enjoy your stories you've posted here about Norse mythology. It's been fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for the Anthology! All those great stories from different authors1 It will give everyone a taste of what new authors are out there! Congrats on getting your chapter in. I know they are being picky about who they let in so way to go Siv!
Well I guess not to picky. They let me in too.. lol

Lynn Proctor said...

so excited for ya!