Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

I am participating in Jeremy Bates' Dog Days of Summer blogfest. Jeremy wants to know what kind of summer we are having and here are the questions:

1) Describe your favorite summer activity thus far.
That would be taking a road trip around Norway with three of my children. One of whom had never seen Norway before. Check this out:


 
2) What activities do you plan before summer is over?
Absolutely nothing! I am totally worn out and plan to sit at my computer and write.


3) If you could have the ultimate vacation ever, where and what would it be?
To take my family on the Orient Express, see as much of Europe as possible and to have tons of money and time to do it with!

So what did you do this summer?  Head on over to Jeremy's place and see what others have been up to.

Don't forget to sign up for my "Unforgettable Blogfest" to celebrate the release of my new story published in the "Open Doors" Anthology, which is due out September 4th. Check it out HERE! Come back on Monday to hear about my unforgettable story.

14 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

That sounds like a great summer! I'd love to go on the Oriend Express as well!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think your favorite activity this year tops everyone's because it involved all of your children, and I know that alone meant the world to you.

D.G. Hudson said...

Norway looks beautiful if a little scary to drive, but we have mountain roads in BC too. BTW - liked the music in the background.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

the Orient Express would be a dream vacation. And the lots of money part would help.

Murees Dupè said...

Congratulations with getting your stories published! That is wonderful. I liked your answers to the questions.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You read my mind: the Orient Express. I have been toying with a short story with my mysterious Greek physician, Lucanus, on board the Orient Express. A prisoner of Nazis, he watches bemused as they devolve when an invisible killer stalks their ranks. Then, a child is murdered, and Lucanus stops smiling. Become very afraid when a kind man loses his temper.

May you have a lovely rest of summer!

Christine Rains said...

What an incredible trip! Love the scenery. I'd love to do the Orient Express too.

Guilie Castillo said...

What a cool video! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on the new release!

liz young said...

Norway looks incredible - and strangely, one of our tiny writers' circle is there this summer visiting family and researching her family history.

Jenny said...

Wow, that video is something else. We drive in the mountains a lot in Colorado, but not quite like that!

Jeremy Bates said...

Hanging with the kiddos doesn't leave much time for you to lounge around or rest, but I bet you get plenty of exercise, bonding and some excitement!

Tracy MacDonald said...

Sounds like you have had a great summer. A train ride on the Orient Express sounds wonderful. Enjoy the rest of the Dog Days.
A2Z Mommy and What’s In Between

The Armchair Squid said...

A train vacation in Europe sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd love to do the same in Japan, too. Great post!

Tracy said...

The Orient Express... I've seen it standing in the station and it looks fabulous. Enjoy your time at the keyboard and congrats on getting something published!