Another first Wednesday of the month, proving once again just how fast time flies. As usual my blog calendar is marked off for the Insecure Writers Support Group, and this month I am reposting my most popular blog post (according to blogger stats) Minnie has some words of wisdom (Minnie-isms) to share with you. I do not always agree with Minnie but one thing is for sure, she is the least insecure “person” I know of.
Rules for Being a Writer by Minnie:
1. Be true to yourself. There is no point in trying to be a copycat.
2. Dress yourself in the style you are comfortable in, not what others tell you. This is YOUR fashion statement!
3. Go somewhere new and exciting every day, even if it is only in your mind.
4. If you are going to write bullshit then you should be prepared to get bullshit back. In other words, be prepared. Know what you are writing about.
5. Not everyone is going to like you. Who cares? You don’t like everyone either! There is always someone out there that will like what you write, so don’t give up looking.
6. If the water is too deep then learn how to swim. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or learn a new skill.
7. Practice makes perfect. Don’t expect a magic genie to appear and do all your work for you.
8. Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses. How you get to the finish line is more important than when you get there.
9. Too many weeds strangle a garden. Get rid of weedy words and unnecessary flourish so the reader can better enjoy his journey through your story without getting Poison Ivy.
10. Remember there is always a beginning, middle and an end. Stay on the path and don’t get distracted. Most of all….WRITE!
Want to see what others in this group have to say, check out the Insecure Writers Support Group.
Now that Minnie got all that off her chest, I have some news for you. My blog tour with the Norse Gods celebrating the release of my new book, Secrets of the Ash Tree, starts next week on Monday October 7th. Also, there will be a Norse Gods birthday blogfest(Co hosted by Capt. Ninja himself, Alex Cavanaugh) and giveaways all week so make sure to sign up and stop by! Here is the schedule: