Monday, August 15, 2011

Free Fall

Do you know what your children are up to? Do you really want to know? When you go through months of caring for this little creature and finally suffer through childbirth bringing them into this world, did you really believe the suffering would be over? Ha ha, if you did you were so wrong. From the moment before they are born you start to worry. The formula or breast milk, the car seat, the baby caller, the child proofing, the daycare, the school, the bicycle, the sports, the friends, and the list goes on. You want to keep your children safe, you try to live in a healthy environment for them, you tell them to stay away from strangers offering candy, and you watch as they fall down wishing you could have been there to stop it. From crawling to walking, from the playground to the streets, you watch, you pray and you just cross your fingers that they will survive.

So you let them go little by little and watch them stumble through the world, bruises cuts and all. They grow up and you have done the best you can but does the worrying stop there? Not likely. So why am I telling you this when you probably already know what I am talking about? Because this is what my son The Actor did this week-end.


You all know he loves drama. This is not his film but it is where he jumped, hopefully I will soon have his film to share with you. So I ask you again, do you know what your children are doing? What is the thing they have done to make you the most crazy with worry?


10 comments:

Laura Eno said...

Yep. My son gave me plenty of worried moments too. I don't want to know if he went bungee jumping, either!

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Siv Maria:

My parants must have had the patience of saints to put up with all the crazy things I did as a youbng boy and man...although they don't know the whole of it and that's for the best.

Kindest regards to an overly concerned mamma,
Mike

Hart Johnson said...

teehee--I jumped out of a plane once... My mom even had to sign the permission form, as I was only 17... I don't think I could do that... Just letting my daughter learn to drive was stressful.

I have an award and have tagged you in a meme today, by the way...

shelly said...

Nope. You never stop worrying. Ever. Sometimes I think it was easier when they were toddlers.

Bossy Betty said...

My son goes to college at the end of this week. Worry? Me? You bet. I can see your son gives your heart plenty of exercise.

Anonymous said...

I'm still at school age so my worries for them is whether or not they will graduate. However I don't know how my parents survived my brothers and I. We were little hellions and did the most horrific things, to each other too.. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Makes me glad I have no children!

Nadia said...

Lol he sounds like an adventurous kid but isn't that our responsibility as kids, to drive our parents crazy? And then once our parents are older and need us to take care of them, they in return will drive us crazy :) It's a pretty crafty cycle!

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

I can't wait to see the video of him ;)

Emily R. King said...

LOL! So funny. Yes, it can be upsetting when you know what you're children are doing, but most of the time, it's not very interesting at all.