Friday, March 30, 2012

Age makes you smart..Does it?

Beautiful, Isn't she`? I am so dead for posting this!

So it is one of my daughter’s birthdays today. I had to stop and do the math, that’s because it seems like just yesterday. She was 10 in the year 2000, 20 in the year 2010, so I guess that makes her 22 today. She is 22 years old and all knowing. Remember that age? Well I had to stop and think about it.  When I was her age I had already given birth to two children. One of whom I had to give away. By the age of 22 I had been desperately in love more than just once. Again I am thinking math and that would have made me married for the first time. The years just peel away like an onion, and suddenly I am in another county, giving birth to another child and then other one. You would think I just spit them out, right? I can honestly say that each one of my children was born out of love. Maybe along the way, I made some mistakes. God knows, I keep making them but I will never regret making them out of love. I woke up this morning so happy that she is here, a part of my life, and although she thinks maybe sometimes otherwise, I will always be there for her. She does not read my blog but I say this anyways, I toss it out in the Air---Happy birthday “All knowing Daughter”---I hope when you are my age, you will be just as smart as you think you are now. By the way, just so everyone knows..I have the secret for having pain free birth..

Have a nice week-end everyone, any cause for celebration?


15 comments:

Gossip_Grl said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. To be honest my oldest celebrated 3-0 milestone this year along with my breakdown j/k. We took him to dinner and just like that, I am asking him how old his siblings are. : / I agree where does time go? :(

Sally said...

A very happy birthday to your beautiful daughter - you must be very proud.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Mom:

We sometimes get wiser but for sure, we all get more tired as the years progress.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!
And I don't think I got out of the all-knowing phase until my thirties.

Misha Gerrick said...

Not yet, but who knows? Maybe soon I will. :-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Siv .. Happy Birthday to you both - and all your family, who are finally getting to know each other .. a funny old life - but a life worth living - and well lived.

Have a lovely weekend .. things have a way of working out - cheers Hilary

Emily R. King said...

What a beauty! Happy birthday daughter of Siv. :)

Margo Kelly said...

What is the secret for a pain free birth????

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! She is stunning. To bad at that age they already know it all and have to wait till our age to re-think their previous position. usually when they are dealing with their own know it all's.

Linda King said...

Your daughter is beautiful - I hope she had a lovely day. She may be all-knowing for ever - I don't think I've grown out of it yet as far as my parents are concerned...!

Geoff Maritz said...

You have a lovely looking Daughter Siv. The secret to pain free childbirth, let someone else do it :)
I was married at 22, within three years I'd be divorced with custody of two very tiny babies.
Blessings to you and your daughter on her birthday, Geoff.

Morgan said...

She *is* beautiful! Just like her mom!

TIme is so weird... I had my first at 22 and that was 8 years ago this week! Crazy. Happened just a blink ago...

You're amazing, Siv Maria, and have beautiful children to show for it! :D

Sarah Tokeley said...

She is so so beautiful. Belated happy birthday to her. I knew everything at that age. I'm just surprised by how much I've forgotten since then!

Cynthia said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. She is very lovely.

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to thank you fully for the articles on your web-site. I know you'd put a lot of time and energy into all of them and hope you know how much I appreciate it. I hope I could do the same for someone else sometime.